St. Peter Church at 425 N. Fourth St., Steubenville, OH 43952 US - Home
WELCOME TO ST. PETER CHURCH
This parish was founded in 1832 by French missionaries (Dominicans).
In the early 1800's this area was part of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. At this time there were many French settlers in this area.
This is the third church built on this property. The original church was called St. Pius.
This Church of St. Peter was built in 1905-1907. The style is French Renaissance.
At the time this church was built, this parish was made up of mostly sons and daughters of Irish immigrants.
Now all nationalities attend this church from the tri-state area.
Pope Receives General Directors Of Pontifical Missionary Works For First Time, Confirms Their Relevance